Acne is a common skin condition that affects lots of people in their teenage. Embarrassment, shyness and hesitation come naturally with breakouts. You probably have been in a state where red spot appears just a night before the big event or occasion. Acne medications are available to fight acne but, they come with many side effects. Some of these side effects include dry skin, irritation and discoloration on the skin. So, what should we do? Are there any natural ways to get rid of acne? The answer is YES! Definitely!
Acne takes place because of surplus secretion of sebum by the sebaceous gland. It a natural cause and has natural remedies to treat it. I have pulled some natural remedies together to help you get rid of acne
Here is the list of natural ways to get rid of acne:
1. Raw Potato Juice: Drinking raw potato juice couple of times a day for several weeks can help fight acne. Breakouts are a result of acid build up in the stomach. This usually happens when our hormones are very active. Potato juice neutralizes the acid build up in the stomach and thus, clears the acne.
2. Honey: Honey is a miracle ingredient that has natural antibiotics. Honey is considered to be a treasure chest of vitamins and minerals, thus, it is a powerful medicine which can treat many problems. From skin burns to weak bones, honey can be used to treat everything and acne is no different. Applying honey on problem areas can really help sooth down the inflammation and redness of the pimples. Apply honey 2-3 times a day on the problem areas and see results in few weeks.
3. Toothpaste: Did you know that the toothpaste you use every morning can treat your acne problem? Many people are unaware of the fact that toothpaste is a great option when it comes to treating acne naturally. Toothpaste is the best acne treatment out there. It contains silica, which is a compound that helps treat acne quickly by unlocking the moisture in the skin. Choose white-colored toothpaste, simply because it contains ingredients like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and triclosen, which help in drying out the pimples. Simply apply toothpaste on your problem areas.
4. Garlic: Garlic is a great herb to fight acne. It contains high amount of anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidants and anti-viral properties. You can either increase the intake of garlic in your diet or you can apply peeled and crushed garlic directly to your problem areas. Garlic also has many other health benefits.
5. Use natural toner: Never use commercial toners if you have acne problem. The reason being is that they contain many ingredients, which can cause irritation and disrupt the skin PH balance. Apply a natural toner to get the best results. My favorite toner is a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. Mix 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 3 tsp of filtered water and with a help of a cotton pad, apply it all over your face.
6. Don’t exfoliate: Exfoliating may make acne worse. Loofahs, scrubbing pads, sugary or sandy products can tear down the skin if used every so often. Instead of using hard scrubs, use microbeads. They clean your skin, and takes dirt and oil off your face.
Changing few habits can help you get rid of acne in no time. Hope these tips would assist you get that perfect looking skin.